iB::Topic::Dr Thep Pratunam Polyclinic Bangkok

Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: [1] 2 

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Dr Thep Pratunam Polyclinic Bangkok, Help please< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 22 2006,21:46  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi everyone.
I'm a pre-op TS from the UK visiting Bangkok this December for approx 4 weeks. :D
I've had surgery there before with Dr Pichet, who was excellent, but I want to use Dr Thep this time, who I have heard is very reasonable with his charges and has done surgery on a lot of Tgirls and Ladyboys. :cool:
I've seen mixed reports online-some good, some not so good.
Has anyone got any experience with him or heard anything at all? :coffee:
Thank you so much.
Chrissy xxx
My Webpage

Post Number: 2
olekunde Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
    Posted on: Nov. 22 2006,23:26 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

why would you take your chances if some of the reports were not so good, when you already have visited a doctor who gave you a satisfying result?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 3
BAM Search for posts by this member.
Digital Slut

TeamIcon

Group: Super Administrators
    Posted on: Nov. 22 2006,23:34 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A very warm welcome to you Chrissytgirl from Asian TS  :D

--------------
You're talking to a tourist whose every move's among the purest....
 Post Number: 4
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,00:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thank you very much Bam.
You are so beautiful  :bow: ..I am very jealous :cool:

Post Number: 5
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,00:13 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(olekunde @ Nov. 22 2006,20:26)
why would you take your chances if some of the reports were not so good, when you already have visited a doctor who gave you a satisfying result?

Well, really because he is a lot cheaper and also I know a lot of Ladyboys have been to him.

Post Number: 6
BAM Search for posts by this member.
Digital Slut

TeamIcon

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,01:06 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(chrissytgirl @ Nov. 22 2006,20:10)
Thank you very much Bam.
You are so beautiful :bow: ..I am very jealous :cool:

Heheheh ...Oh thats not me... That's Noon my Ladyboy girlfriend in Bangkok.

--------------
You're talking to a tourist whose every move's among the purest....
 Post Number: 7

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,01:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(chrissytgirl @ Nov. 22 2006,21:13)

(olekunde @ Nov. 22 2006,20:26)

Well, really because he is a lot cheaper and also I know a lot of Ladyboys have been to him.

i would take my chances buying a cheaper meal, but no fucking way i would take my chances when it comes to surgery. as a westerner you should afford top-notch. in the long run choosing a cheaper doctor could cost you alot more money and harm to your health.
 Post Number: 8
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,01:36 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Totally wrong. Price does not equal quality in this field, in Thailand.

Chrissy, please start by reading my articles in www.silk-angels.com.

As for Dr. Thep, whom I've visited twice, and know about 100 girls who have used him for IMPLANTS, his work is absolutely undeniable, i.e., good. I would venture, far better than 90,000-100,000 charges from Chettawut and Bumrungrad.

What you give up with Dr.Thep is a beautiful clinic, and an overnight stay with morphine, in a hospital. If you can hack local anaesthetic, a scrubby clinic, there are few Doctors on this planet as good as Thep for breast implants. I cannot say anything about other ops, but for implants, there is zero doubt.

There is also another clinic I've been promoting and growing in use in the Bangkok Ladyboy scene called Beautiful Clinic. Sorry but I can't get the damn address or phone and haven't visited Doctors there YET. I will, soon enough.

But I really want to dispel the misnomer that PRICE = QUALITY in plastic surgery in Bangkok.

The truth is PRICE = CLINIC COSTS + FOREIGNER SURCHARGING + WEB-SITE MARKETING COSTS in Bangkok. It has nothing to do with Doctor's skills.

Let me demonstrate that simply. Every doctor I visited charged 2 times the price for a foreigner vs a local. Dr. Thep was the only one to have only one flat rate "local" price, i.e., 45,000 for breast implants. So you can compare that 45,000 with 90,000 from morons like Chettawut and Bumrungrad hostpital, because they double the price if your skin is white. Happy now that the price is elevated and therefore "good quality"?

Sorry, but I'm a bit emotional on this topic.

Post Number: 9
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,05:21 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dear Ziggy.
Thank you so much hunni. You have really confirmed what I suspected...that locals get very different prices to Farangs.
I did write to Dr Thep and asked him many questions, which he answered very courteously and fairly quickly.
One question was would I have local or general anaesthetic and I'm sure he answered that it would be general...but from what you say, it wouldn't be?
Do you know any Tgirls that have face or brow lifts Ziggy?
I have to say you have given me much more confidence in his services-especially after Olekunde's tounge lashing!
I always suspected that a large element of Doctor's prices went towards their glitzy clinics-which they definitely are!
Thank you so much once again,
Luv,
Chrissy xxx

Post Number: 10
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,05:30 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

....any information on that other clinic you mentioned Ziggy (Beautiful Clinic) would be great.
Chrissy xxx
http://www.chrissytgirl.multiply.com

Post Number: 11

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,06:40 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Let me demonstrate that simply. Every doctor I visited charged 2 times the price for a foreigner vs a local. Dr. Thep was the only one to have only one flat rate "local" price, i.e., 45,000 for breast implants

are you going to have breast implants? :D

either way, a bad doc in bkk is probably equal or better than a mediocre or good doc in the west, in this field, maybe, what do i know. but  since they cut cocks and pump young boys full of gel and silicon on daily basis, they should know how to do it.
 Post Number: 12
rxpharm Search for posts by this member.

TeamIcon

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,06:49 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some things to consider - if a clinic only offers local anesthesia, they are saving the costs of having an anesthetist on staff.  Also typically a place that offers general anesthesia must have full life support resuscitation equipment.  There are not many clinics even in North America that are fully equipped for that.  So again this would reduce the costs if only local anesthesia was provided.

You do get what you pay for - I imagine that Dr. Thep is skilled and certainly photos of his results look excellent, but will you want to have the procedure done only under local anesthetic with little or no advanced resuscitation equipment?  

I am not advocating one way or the other, but be aware of important details before you make up your mind.  As in so many things in life Caveat Emptor!

--------------
:can:

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work!
Big Changes Coming to the Forum!
The Rookie Thread!
The Forums and How to Use Them
How to use the SEARCH Function!
Google Search The Ladyboy Forums
How Not to get Deleted from the Picture Post Forum
Ladyboy 'Lost and Found' Department Posting Rules
How to attach 3 photos per post
 Post Number: 13
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,10:20 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

On the recommendation of a friend, my former girlfriend chose to forgo many good doctors in her home country (Philippines) to travel to Dr Thep in June of this year
for her implants

I accompanied her to both the consultation appointment as well as the procedure, and remained in Bangkok for the mandatory 7-day recovery and monitoring period (after which the doctor will remove sutures and allow you to leave the country)

All previous information in this thread is accurate save the concerns about 'resuscitation equipment' and pricing structure

The clinic is well equipped despite its somewhat seedy appearance (I did notice a defibrillator in the operating room, by the way) and has only one price for both farang and Thai patients

Concerns about local as opposed to general anesthesia can be answered only by you

My former girlfriend took surgery under local anesthesia well - she experienced no pain, little discomfort, and was quite able to walk out of the clinic to a taxi with me after the mandatory 4 hour monitoring period in the post-operation recovery room

The next LB in line for implants (Dr Thep does as many as 6 chests a day) was not as courageous, however

This girl screamed from the moment the local anesthetic needle went in, and did not quit until the supervising nurse (ar the direction of the doctor) put a towel in her mouth to bite down on and so shut her up

Sitting just outside in the recovery room with my friend, the scene was both comical and sad

While it is understandably difficult for the doctor to make precise movements of scalpel and fingers with the distraction of a hysterically screaming patient, the idea of a towel being stuffed in one's mouth seemed a bit primitive nevertheless

In this aspect you get what you pay for with Dr Thep

If the setting in the clinic is a bit Third World, however, you will - as Ziggy and others have said - get a First World result from Dr Thep

With the proviso that you (or your girlfriend) are rigorous and attentive to the post-operative massage procedure that Dr Thep stipulates, the implants will settle nicely after about a month to a soft, natural, and wholly pleasing look and feel

A Beverly Hills surgeon charging USD 8,000 could do no better

This - and the inexpensive price of 45,000 TB - is the reason that more LBs go to Ma Thep for their breast implants than any other

As they say, choose wisely - and all the best to you

Post Number: 14
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,10:25 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I should add that I know nothing of Dr Thep's expertise with respect to facial surgery

My .02 USD worth - I would not recommend succumbing to the temptation of a 'package' procedure in ANY single clinic or hospital for either ease or convenience

Rather, do your homework, take your time, and go to the best for each procedure you desire

Good luck

Post Number: 15
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 23 2006,20:56 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A huge thank you to everyone who has given me such useful advice about Dr Thep. What a great group this is. :bow:
I'm DEFINITELY going to see him when I'm in BKK next month.
While on that subject, Ill be in Bangkok for all of December and although I know there are countless LB bars (I hate them, they are so beautiful...lol) does anyone know of bars (preferably near Silom Rd/Surawong Rd where Ill be staying) that western TS/TV girls go? :D
Thank you,
Chrissy xxx Http://www.Chrissytgirl.multiply.com

Post Number: 16
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 24 2006,08:22 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hallo
You have the internetadress from Dr. Thep????

Post Number: 17
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 24 2006,09:10 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The Pratunam Clinic does not have a web site

The office assistants do use e-mail (address "ppsurgery@yahoo.com") but are likely not sufficiently competent in English to book appointments

As my former girlfriend's time in Bangkok was limited, I asked a bi-lingual (Thai / English) friend to call the clinic to get an appointment for her

Upon doing so, he was told "we don't make appointments" - but at least was able to learn the doctor's office hours on the day we wished to arrive for a consultation appointment

After arriving at the clinic at the suggested time of 9:30 AM . we waited about 90 minutes for the doctor (he was in surgery when we arrived) before being invited into his office (a casual and messy affair with books, pictures of former patients, and boxes of implants lying around)

Good looking - and with a bit of a swagger that doubtless came from his confidence in being one of the best in his field - he greeted us in reasonable English and proceeded to ask the standard consultation questions

Thus after a short physical examination, a discussion as to desired look and feel of the implants, and a comparison of the relative merits of various implant size and placement techniques, an appointment for surgery was scheduled for the next day

If you wish to use the Pratunam Polyclinic for breast implants, my suggestion is not waste your time trying to get an appointment in advance

Just have your hotel concierge call the clinic to confirm the doctor's availability for a consultation appointment on your preferred day

One of these phone numbers should work

(66) (0)2 254 5333
(66) (0)2 255 7767
(66) (0)2 254 5888
(66) (0)2 255 2280

When you are ready to go to the clinic, I suggest you have your concierge write the address below in Thai for you on a hotel taxi card...

Pratunam Polyclinic
425/4 Rajaprarop Road,  Bangkok

(Opposite Indra Regent Hotel - Next To Bank Thai)

...and take a taxi to the Indra Regent hotel in Pratunam

Upon arriving at the hotel,  walk across the street (best to use the pedestrian skybridge from the shopping center adjacent to the hotel) and turn to your left (in the direction of traffic on the one-way street) 1 block to the clinic

The sign above the clinic is red in color, Thai language only, visible (on an angle) from the pedestrian skybridge

Walk to the clinic, compare the card from the concierge to the sign above (and on) the clinic door to confirm your location, and ask someone on the sidewalk for help if you are confused

Hope this helps

Post Number: 18
katoeylover Search for posts by this member.
Ladyboy Lover!

TeamIcon

Group: Moderators
    Posted on: Nov. 24 2006,10:48 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

:moved:

--------------
seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

:uk:
 Post Number: 19
Unregistered

Posted on: Nov. 26 2006,04:32 Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Please note that the best advice in the world, is "where do Thailand's LBs go"?

They go, often, to Dr. Thep for breasts.

To my knowledge, very few go to him for SRS. He is not well known for that, although he does it. Dr. V in Phuket is apparently well known for that, and a few others in Bangkok.

As for facial reconstruction, I don't know for sure, as that is less talked about. I can say that Dr. Kamol, of MtF Aesthetic Clinic, does seem to get a high flow of people for minor jobs like nose, cheek, chin, as I have been there several times and observed it.

So, my main point is this -- a good doctor with skill in breast implants does not imply a doctor with skill in every cosmetic surgery variant.

Post Number: 20
Unregistered

Posted on: Dec. 15 2006,03:58 Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hi Ziggy-and everyone who so kindly gave me their advice. I just wanted to say I met Dr Thep and yes, his clinic gives the impression of total disorganisation and chaos but it IS full of Thais who clearly trust him completely. More to the point, I do!
I saw him one week ago, had my ops (breast implants and crows feet removal) 2 days later and so far I'm very very happy. (Not least because I know I wasn't ripped off simply because my skin is white)
Thank you everyone.

22 replies since Nov. 22 2006,21:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: [1] 2 
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Dr Thep Pratunam Polyclinic Bangkok
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon

OBSESSIONS, Pattaya!

The Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya! And The KITTEN Club...